Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Downtown Berkley

How did everyone enjoy running/walking the streets of Berkley? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to be there, but I needed to finish another chapter of the latest Harry Potter book! Did we find another gem to add to our list of places, or was it a bust?

I understand that everyone was running from memory and I apologize for not having maps on hand. That will never happen again, at least this week. If you’re interested in hoe far the route was, Chris Walters sent me this link:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1169350

I’m also sorry if any of you brought old shoes for our collection last night. Please bring them again and I will take them off your hands. The people at St. Al’s really appreciated the donation, their supply was getting really low.

I’m not sure how many stories were told about the Great Lakes Relay but congratulation to the club members that participated in this grueling event. According to Mark Shehan, their team finished 12th out of 42 teams and the team with the Jim and Jim Fitch Sr. finished 8th! Boy I miss doing the relay, NOT!!!!

For all of you that have an opening on your social calendar for Saturday evening, here’s a note from the Northville crew:

The Northville Road Runners will be hosting the annual "Roadrunner Classic" 8k race at Maybury State Park this Saturday (July 28) at 5:30 pm. The course includes dirt and paved trails. There is also a 1 mile run/walk at 5:00 pm. Besides the running there will be a live band (Benny and the Jet), pizza, beer, kids activities and awards. See flyer at:

http://www.northvilleroadrunners.org/nrr/images/NRR%20Classic%2007.pdf

Lastly, Sandy Freund and I would like to thank everyone that helped us raise over $3100 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the WAM 300-mile bike ride. As we’re enjoying scenic Michigan via a bike seat, we’ll be thinking of the generous individuals that helped us along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home